and they sure run deep. They don't go away and they don't come cheap. Oh Tracy Lawrence, you speak the truth.
We've been here in Australia for a whole month and boy howdy, have we learned a lot! Indulge yourselves in our mistakes, triumphs, bloopers and lessons of living in Melbourne for a whole month.
1. Everything is more expensive - get used to it.
2. Australian's live a more laid back life and are more care free.
3. Walking is part of life - suck it up and buy some Nike's.
4. Public transport is not un-masterable.
5. Bread will mold if not consumed or frozen within 3 or 4 days (preservatives are useful).
6. White cheese is not necessarily mozzarella.
7. Not having a Wal-Mart every 20 miles forces you to visit produce markets which in turn causes you to fill your fridge with fresh produce which is DELICIOUS.
8. You should research tenancy laws before moving to a new country.
9. 'Evaporative cooler' is NOT an air conditioner.
and perhaps the most important lesson (which is bittersweet) is:
10. Being totally dependent on one another can be a great situation even though it is exasperating at times - it causes you to grow and strengthens your bond as a couple.
~ FroBuzz ~