Saturday, September 24, 2011

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears....

this may not be the perfect title for a post of this nature but this is weird and funny. Refer here for the origin of You Know What Really Grinds My Gears.

Tonight Hyatt and I celebrated one of life's little accomplishments - his project is over (well, the data collection part is over) and we've been married for eight months and haven't killed each other. Bravo for us.

 We had dinner at Green Field, our favorite Asian cuisine restaurant in Melbourne. They make calamari that is ta-da-fo. Although we've eaten there several times, I had never noticed this ship replica until this evening. Have a look...

Cool, right?  But, ahoy there! What's that wording there on the helm (I don't even know if that's the right ship part).....

Oh, look - it's the Santamaria. Proudly display-st (sound it out) in an Australia based Vietnamese restaurant. Makes absolutely no sense. 

And that is today's edition of "You Know What Really Grinds My Gears."

No comments:

Post a Comment