Monday, September 19, 2011

Is Your Husband Awesome?

Because mine is :)

A few days ago I may have alluded to the fact that Hyatt was happier to get Cap'n Crunch than he was to see me. I stand corrected. On a scale of 1 - 10; 1 being feeling like a negative amount of money and 10 being the Buckeyes win the BCS Title (Hyatt's scale, not mine), I've been told that seeing me again was a 9 and the Cap'n Crunch was 6.5. I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now - goooo me!

My flight arrived at Melbourne International Airport at 9:30 a.m. I was through customs, luggage pickup and the food quaratine/questioning station by 9:50 and very ready and excited to see hubsy after 31 hours of traveling in order to be reunited after 6 weeks of separation.

**Sidenote: I have never gotten through customs so quickly! There was no line, my luggage was first off the conveyor and the snide food lady didn't make me open up my suitcase to show her the extensive confectionary (read: candy) collection I had. I probably could have gotten beef jerky into this joint. Rats**

At about 10:10 a.m., I'd been walking around searching for said hubsy when I saw a tall, handsome man leaning against the wall. Hooray! I wrapped my arms around him, teared up (I've turned into a crier since we started dating way back in 2008) and gave him a well-deserved smooch. Why well-deserved?


He brought me these!!!!!
In case you didn't know, yellow roses are my FAVORITE! He knows me so well and must love me a lot.

If that wasn't enough, when we got back to the Flat, hubsy had another surprise for me.  I've always wanted to be classy and cultured and go to an opera but Manhattan, KS and Colony, KS don't exactly make that opportunity available. However, Melbourne is the arts capital of Australia and I was delighted to find out that we were going to an opera that night.

IT WAS FREAKING FANTABULOUS! I was in awe the entire time. The opera singers just blew Hyatt and I away - they had some pipes, let me tell ya. If you have a chance to go to this opera, do so because you won't be disappointed. Bonus: it's in English, unlike this one.

**Sidenote #2: Hyatt says it was a musical. Yes, it was a musical play but they belted out some high notes so I say opera. If you google it, the know all genius Wikipedia says musical but I"m sticking to my guns and saying opera because it makes me feel fancier.**

Bonus #2: I can now mark #70 off of this list.

All in all, it was a great day back in Melbourne. I have an amazingly thoughtful and kind husband who made my bittersweet return to the driest continent very spectacular. I'm very lucky  :)

The next day we went to Dookie and started feeding pigs and cleaning pig crap up again. Oh joy!

Until next time,
~ FroBuzz ~
p.s. Let Hyatt know how awesome he is. I love to brag on him and he always brushes me off. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment