Saturday, May 14, 2011

I GOT TO SEE A KOALA!

and quite possibly the coolest bird ever. But I'll get to that.

So, Vickey took us up to Healesville Sanctuary - she had coffee with her old boss and Hyatt and I got to see all the native Australian wildlife. Including koalas. Check. It. Out.

A goanna

Ibises

A lyre bird

The Black Breasted Buzzard - aka coolest bird on the planet. See that egg? Watch what happens

 The egg is going to meet its maker soon

BAM! Uses the rock to open the egg. Best bird ever.

Tasmanian Devil

Kookaburra

Parrot

Another parrot - did you know Australia is the parrot capital of the world?

I feel like I'm forgetting something.....hmmmm. Oh wait.
I didn't get to hold him but I did get pictures! Sleepy, grumpy koala


Hey you guys, shut up. I'm sleeping...


There was a new specimen at the Sanctuary, check it out too.
Scary, huh?


We had a blast - many thanks to Vickey for taking time out of her Saturday to take us up there!

Cheers
FroBuzz


No comments:

Post a Comment