Friday, November 25, 2011

First Wedded Thanksgiving

Yesterday was our first Thanksgiving as a married couple - I guess you could say it was eventful, while definitely memorable.

We spent this entire week helping with a research project at Dookie that dealt with nutrition and physiology in pigs. This is what we did on Thanksgiving:

We took blood samples from 32 pigs every 5 minutes for 6 hours. It was mind-numbing at times but most of our Australian friends were there so that was fun.

For Thankgiving dinner, there was no turkey, stuffing or mashed potatoes. However, after a few sad looks and a pouty lip, I got Hyatt to drive to town and get me some charchoal chicken, chips and gravy. Roasted poultry with gravy; can't go wrong. Dinner with friends and Hyatt was a pretty nice Thanksgiving after all.

You're probably wondering what I"m thankful for (a lot) but I wrote it on another blog so please read here if you're interested in all the blessings I'm thankful for this year.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. To my family: I can't wait to see you all in less than three weeks for the Ohio gang and five weeks for the Kansas gang. Love you all!

Until next time,
~ Buzzard ~

No comments:

Post a Comment